001. Premiere Elements 14 Released by Adobe
Photoshop Elements 14, Premiere Elements 14 which included Elements Organizer 14 were found available at the Adobe Download web site about 11 pm Thursday September 24, 2015 USA East. Premiere Elements 14 as well as Photoshop Elements 14 have been downloaded and installed without issue. The Premiere Elements 14 First Look Details blog post is in progress, and additions to this Premiere Elements 14 Daily Discoveries blog post will be made moving forward.
002. Premiere Elements 14 Helpful Links
Premiere Elements 14 Help PDF
Elements Organizer 14 Help PDF
At this early stage of the release, please use caution reading details in 14's Help PDF in the likelihood that some 13/13.1 details may have survived in the 14's Help PDF.
Adobe Premiere Elements Help/Audio View
003. Premiere Elements 14 ISO File To A VIDEO_TS Folder
Premiere Elements 14 no longer offers burn to Folder yielding the VIDEO_TS Folder, just burn to disc or ISO Image. For those who find a need for a VIDEO_TS Folder from the project instead of ISO image file, there are at least two possible solutions. Produce the Premiere Elements 14 .iso export, and then
1. Open the .iso file in the free 7-ZIP software (Extract Files) to get the VIDEO_TS Folder and OpenDVD Folder. For Windows: 7-ZIP http://www.7-zip.org/
2. Mount the .iso file on a virtual burner (example Phantom Burner which presents as a burner drive), and then open the the .iso on the drive to see the VIDEO_TS Folder and OpenDVD Folder.
For Windows: Phantom Burner 2.0 http://www.phantombility.com/en/download/
More work needs to be done on these two ideas, but these suggestions did work using a small sampling of .iso file in a Windows 64 bit computer environment.
004. Royalty Activation Error In Premiere Elements 14
A Mac user ran into a "Royalty Activation" error in setting up Premiere Elements 14 Mac.
Another user subsequently reported the same error with setting up Premiere Elements 14, but the computer operating system on that one is not known at this time.
Adobe Staff, Aurobi, pointed the user to the following Adobe document related to ARA Folder deletion
Adobe Staff, Sandeep Singh, instructions to look to the permissions of the Common Folder in which the ARA Folder exists solved the problem for at least one of the two users reporting this Royalty Activation Error in Premiere Elements 14.
See Adobe Forum thread (post 15) https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1963175
The following is an excerpt of Sandeep Singh's instructions for working on Mac with the involved Common Folder's permissions
Could you check permission on this folderMore information on this as it becomes available. Great job of customer service by Adobe Staff.
Steps to check permissions:
- Right click on the Common folder
- Go to information in Sharing & Permissions isn’t visible, click the disclosure triangle.
- If necessary, click the lock icon to unlock it, then enter an administrator name and password.
- Click a user or group in the Name column, then choose a privilege setting from the pop-up menu.
- Give Read & Write: Allows a user to open the item and change it.
- If your username is not displaying Please click Add + to add the your name owner.
- close the get info box
Please do these steps for Adobe folder also.
for more information about giving permission on mac you can check this document : https://support.apple.com/kb/PH18894?locale=en_US&viewlocale=en_US
005. Premiere Elements 14 No Longer Has The Preview Feature Of "Visual Indicator" Black Band When Last Timeline Frame Is Reached
What Adobe has referred to in Premiere Elements 13/13.1 as visual indicator that last frame has been reached has been removed in Premiere Elements 14.
Please refer to Premiere Elements 13 Daily Discoveries, Item 0008 titled "Premiere Elements 13 Tryout Unexpected Work Area Bar Behavior" for fuller details.
|005 Figure 1. Premiere Element 13/13.1 Black Vertical Band Appearing In Edit Area Preview When Time Indicator Reaches Last Frame Of Video Clip.|
006. The Premiere Elements 13/13.1 ISO File's File Size Issue Appears To Be Fixed In Premiere Elements 14.
If Premiere Elements 13/13.1 burn to AVCHD ISO Image or Blu-ray ISO Image produces an .iso file with file size greater than 1 GB, that .iso file taken to disc is not recognized by the players. This 13/13.1 issue is described in the following blog post
Preliminary studies suggest that the issue has been fixed in Premiere Elements 14. In these mini studies Premiere Elements 14 produced Blu-ray .iso file (2.81 GB or 16.8 GB) which, when applied to Blu-ray disc, was recognized by the player. In this study, the player was the computer CyberLink Power DVD 9 player. See posts 15 and 17 in the following thread for the initial Premiere Elements 14 observations related to this issue.
More information on this in PART 2 EXPORT & SHARE section of this blog.
More details to come in the Premiere Elements 14 First Look blog post also in progress.
007. Premiere Elements 14 Saving Titler Titles Is Affected By Change In The How To As Well As Premiere Elements 14 Help PDF Wrong Information
There is no File Menu/Export/Title seen in Premiere Elements 14 Expert workspace, just File Menu/Export and Share which opens to the Export & Share area which does not appear to offer the means to export the title. See Premiere Elements 14 Help PDF (page 214 on page itself) which seems to have how to but relating to 13/13.1 and not 14.
The answer to save the 14 Titler title...
a. Expert workspace - create the title in the Titler workspace (Text Menu/New Text/Default Text). Close out of the Titler.
b. Go to Project Assets (Grid View Only), find the thumbnail for the title, right click it, and select Export Title.
c. You are on your way to saving the title as .prtl for use in other projects.
The new mystery is why just the "Grid View Only" and not the Grid or List View to see Export Title?
008. Premiere Elements 14 Mac On Mac OSX 10.11 El Capitan
The Adobe System Requirement document shows Mac OSX 10.9 or 10.10 for Premiere Elements 14 Mac. For Premiere Elements 13/13.1 Mac, the System Requirements shows Mac OSX 10.8 through 10.10.
No mention of 10.11 El Capitan. So far there is at least one online report mentioning a working Premiere Elements 13/13.1 and 14 Mac on Mac OSX 10.11. Although there are online reports of problems with Mac OSX 10.11 with Adobe Audition and some other programs, there is not enough information to suggestion that those problems extend to Premiere Elements 14 Mac on Mac OSX 10.11 (whose compatibility does not have Adobe endorsement in the System Requirements yet).
More news on this as it becomes available.
009. Premiere Elements 14/Photoshop Elements 14's Camera Raw Plug-In 9.1 Works In Premiere Elements 13/13.1/Photoshop Elements 13/13.1
Camera Raw for Premiere Elements/Photoshop Elements is updated exclusively by way of an opened project's Help Menu/Updates. The Camera Raw plug-in version needs to support the camera recording the raw image format as well as the version of Elements into which it is installed. The last version of Camera Raw available for Photoshop Elements/Premiere Elements 13/13.1 using Help Menu/Updates is 9.0. Photoshop Elements 14/Premiere Elements 14 are shipping with Camera Raw 9.1 which the Help Menu/Updates identify as up to date version.
But, it has been found and also reported elsewhere that the Camera Raw.8bi (9.1) can be borrowed from 14 and manually installed into Photoshop Elements/Premiere Elements 13/13.1, and it works there.
Local Disc C
and in the Files Formats Folder is the Camera Raw.8bi ( representing 9.1) which will be copied and pasted into the File Formats Folder in 13/13.1 after the removal of Camera Raw.8bi (representing 9.0)
Local Disk C
If the 13/13.1 user does not have Premiere Elements 14, other sources of the Camera Raw.8bi (representing 9.1) can be obtained from HERE and found to work in Photoshop Elements/Premiere Elements 13/13.1 using the following steps in Windows 7, 8.1, or 10 64 bit..
- Unzip the downloaded setup.zip. Double click the unzipped setup.exe file to open to the META-INF Folder, payloads Folder, and the AdobePatchInstaller.exe file
- Double click the payloads Folder to get to and double click the folder specifically named AdobeCameraRaw 7.0All_x64-220715151222.
- Double click the AdobeCameraRaw 7.0All_x64-220715151222 Folder to get to the Asset_1.zip Folder
- Unzip the Assets_1.zip Folder to see the 1002 file.
- Rename the 1002 file to Camera Raw.8bi, and use that for the Camera Raw 9.1 in 13/13.1.
010. Premiere Elements 14 Instant Movie Theme Events/Outdoor Adventure Still Not Fixed
The Events/Outdoor Adventure theme flaw has not been fixed in Premiere Elements 14. Colorful Media Offline displays still present at places in the finished Events/Outdoor Adventure Instant Movie as detailed HERE as far back as January 31, 2014.
011. Premiere Elements 14 "Master Meter" In Timeline "Audio View" To Change Volume Of Entire Project
Master Meter in 14 is essentially the Audio Meter of prior versions, but with slider to adjust the volume of the entire project. Although Windows Menu/Audio Meter and the Audio Meter name are gone in 14, Adobe points out the Master Meter provides the functionality of the Audio Meter.
Also new to 14 is the capability to mute a whole audio track. More on these features in later blogs.
012. Adobe Media Encoder/Property Data Invalid Error For Burn To Blu-ray Is Gone In Premiere Elements 14 As Well As In Premiere Elements 13/13.1
In May 2013, the Adobe Media Encoder/Property Data Invalid error message of Premiere Elements 10 and 11 burn to Blu-ray was pointed to when the user attempted to burn to Blu-ray disc format on Blu-ray disc with a check mark next to "Fit Content to Available Space" and Space Required reading less than about 23 GB. Subsequently, the same problem was found to exist in Premiere Elements 12/12.1.
However, in working through the Premiere Elements 14 First Look Details, that Adobe Media Encoder/Property Data Invalid error message did not present when check mark next to "Fit Content To Available Space" and Space Required reading less than about 23 GB. Premiere Elements 13/13.1 also appears to be free of this error.
These finding are significant for those who believe that the higher max Bitrate associated with enabled "Fit Content to Available Space" is of benefit to their burn to workflows (disabled option, 20.19 Mbps versus enabled option 24.00 Mbps). Another question for another time.
013. Clip Arts Premiere Elements 14 Mac Issue: Graphics Not Appearing In Premiere Elements 14 Mac
A Premiere Elements 14 Mac (OSX 10.11 El Capitan) user has reported the project's Graphics not appearing in the opened project under its Graphics Tab. See Adobe Premiere Elements Forum thread HERE for full details of problem, replies from assumed Adobe sources, and Adobe fix until a 14.1 Update is release somewhere in the future.
The information from posts in the thread cited include far:
- Problem affects Premiere Elements 14 Mac (all versions), and Premiere Elements 14 Windows is not affected by this issue.
- The Clip Arts/Graphics issue presented by the Premiere Elements 14 Mac user was resolved by the following (copy/paste from thread cited)
1. Go to /Applications/Adobe Premiere Elements 14/Support Files/Adobe Premiere Elements.app/Contents/Clip Arts/
2. You need to copy the Clip Art folder and paste it out of contents.
New path for Clip art folder should be:
/Applications/Adobe Premiere Elements 14/Support Files/Adobe Premiere Elements.app/Clip Arts/
Update: When asked about the fate of the Contents Folder in this fix, Adobe representative has replied014. Premiere Elements 14, like 13/13.1, Has Mod Widescreen Issue Which Needs A Workaround Different From That Needed for Premiere Elements 12/12.1 And Earlier
"..... the 'Content' folder will remain as it is (No need to delete 'Content' folder). We just need to take 'Clip Art' folder out of 'Content' folder."
"..... the 'Content' folder will remain as it is (No need to delete 'Content' folder). We just need to take 'Clip Art' folder out of 'Content' folder."
Our current suggested workaround for Premiere Elements 14 Mod.Widescreen issue is
Please refer to
- Set the project preset manually to NTSC DV Widescreen or PAL DV Widescreen
- Go to Expert workspace Edit Menu/Preferences/General and remove the check mark next to the preference "Default Scale to Frame Size".
- Import the mod widescreen into the project with the project's Add Media/Files and Folders/Project Assets, and drag the .mod widescreen from Project Assets to the Timeline Video Track 1/Audio Track 1.
- Click on the Edit area monitor to bring up the image's bounding box with handles. Click and drag on one of the image's bounding box handles to scale the image to the point where it just fits the space provided in the Edit area monitor by the project preset choice.
Premiere Elements 13 Daily Discoveries (Item 0013)
PE 13: Serious Problem With .MOD Widescreen Files
015. No Hardware Acceleration In Premiere Elements 13/13.1 And 14 On Windows 32 Bit
Question came up as to whether or not the preference "Use Hardware Acceleration (works on Intel HD Graphics 2000 and higher/newer) is available in Premiere Elements 13/13.1 and 14 Windows 32 bit as well as Window 64 bit. The question came up directly related to Premiere Elements 14 on Windows 10 32 bit and a user who could not find this preference in the Edit Menu/Preferences/General of 14. See HERE for more information on this preference in Premiere Elements 13/13.1 and 14.
Premiere Elements 14 on Windows 10 32 bit was not available to do this test, but Premiere Elements 14 on Windows 8.1 32 bit was. Best tools available at the time were HP Stream 7 Tablet with Windows 8.1 32 bit operating system and Intel HD Graphic video card/graphic card.
The "Use Hardware Acceleration (works on Intel HD Graphics 2000 and newer)" was not found in Premiere Elements 14 on Windows 8.1 32 bit. Until proven otherwise, this finding is being generalized to
Premiere Elements 13/13.1 and 14 need to be on a Windows 7, 8, 8.1, or 10 64 bit computer in order to have the "Use Hardware Acceleration (works on Intel HD Graphics higher/newer)" as a choice in preferences.There are already many reports that this preference or a counterpart is not available to the Premiere Elements 13/13.1 32 bit and 14 Mac users.
016. Premiere Elements 14 Maximum Number Of Timeline Menu Markers Is Still at 99
This is to confirm that the Premiere Elements 14 maximum number of Timeline menu markers is 99, like version 12/12.1 and 13/13.1. Please see HERE for more details on maximum number of Timeline markers.
Note: In 14, that 99 maximum number of Timeline menu markers is any combination of main menu markers, scene markers, or stop markers that total 99.
017. The Premiere Elements 13/13.1 Scrambled Text In Menu Title With More Than One Line Of Text Issue Is Gone In Premiere Elements 14.
It appears that Premiere Elements 14 Movie Menu customization now supports more than one line of text in the main menu or scene menu customized title.
Premiere Elements 13/13.1 Movie Menu text titles customized for more than one line of text present scrambled after the 13/13.1 project is saved closed reopened. See details for that situation in Item 0019 HERE.
It has been found that this 13/13.1 issue is gone in 14. The 13/13.1 issue evaluation described in Item 0019 of the Premiere Elements 13 Daily Discoveries Thread was repeated using Premiere Elements 13/13.1 and 14 on Windows 10 64 bit. In that situation, the problem presented in 13/13.1 and not in 14.
018. New Adobe Return/Full Refund Policy
Apparently since September 2015, Adobe has changed its time limit for return/full refund from 30 to 14 days from the date of purchase. See Adobe document "Return, Cancel, Exchange an Adobe Order". If the purchase is made elsewhere, as before, the customer is governed by the return/refund policy of the seller. The document appears to apply to all Adobe orders including those for Premiere Elements.
The Adobe documented whose link is given above has an Adobe Chat link that can be used to get further information on this matter.
019. Premiere Elements 14 Rendered Files Are Same As In 13/13.1 - DV.AVI (SD) and AVC.MPEG (HD) Plus Companion .XMP File
Rendering of the Premiere Elements 14 Timeline produces video rendered files (preview files) whether the rendered file is video or still. These rendered files have the same format as found in Premiere Elements 13/13.1.
- For SD project: DV.AVI files
- For HD project: AVC.MPEG files with a companion .xmp file
020. Premiere Elements 14 Changes In Project's Automatic Project Setting
For Premiere Elements 11, 12/12.1, and 13/13.1, the program is designed for the project to set the project preset automatically based on its analysis of the properties for the first file dragged to its Timeline.This analysis is reported to be based on the file's clip dimensions, frames per seconds, PAR (pixel aspect ratio), and field order. Mention of this can be found HERE.
And, if the project can not automatically analyze the file because there is no matching project preset or for any other reason, the project assigns its default project preset, either NTSC AVCHD Full HD 1080i30 or PAL AVCHD Full HD 1080i25, depending on whether Premiere Elements was installed for NTSC or PAL.
Now the "cannot analyze" in 14 seems to result with a "closest match" project preset rather than the default project preset used in 11, 12/12.1, and 13/13.1 for this situation. For full details and implications, please read HERE.
021. Premiere Elements 14 Titler And Symbols
Symbols can be typed into the Premiere Elements 11 through 14 Windows Titler/Text section using the numeric keyboard and Alt codes. Many of the Alt codes found HERE worked in these versions.
Example. Hold down the Alt key of the computer main keyboard and type in 0169 for get ©
022. ClipMate Works With Premiere Elements 14 For The Copy/Paste Insert Between 14 Projects.
ClipMate (Version 7.5, Windows Only software) can be used for copy/paste insert between Premiere Elements 14 Windows projects. Unlike Premiere Elements 11, 12/12.1, and 13.1, ClipMate Premiere Elements 14 can copy/paste insert to include the transitions in the projects.
See HERE for details of ClipMate Premiere Elements copy/paste insert How to and history.
Preliminary studies have found
- For 14, ClipMate's Edit Menu/Capture Special step needs two check marks, one for "PPro/MZ/Cookie" and one for "PProAE/Exchange/TrackItem"
- Although it was possible to do the copy/paste insert from 14 project to 14 project, it was not possible to do the copy/paste insert from a 14 project to a prior version.
- Although it was possible to do a copy/paste insert from a 12/12.1 project to a 13/13.1 project, it was not possible to do a copy/paste insert from a 13/13.1 project to a 14 project.
- For 14, like 11, 12/12.1, and 13/13.1, Video 1/Audio 1 content of first project pasted into Video 1/Audio 1 of the second project where all video and audio were found in place, but linked regardless of how they were in the original project.
- For 14, like 11, 12/12.1, and 13/13.1, Narration went to Audio 2 and Soundtrack went to Audio 3 (using a model of Video 1/Audio 1, Voice, and Music content).
- For 14, like 11, 12/12.1, and 13/13.1, all audio could be heard at this point as well as after the save/close/reopen of this second project.
023. Premiere Elements 14 Movie Genre/News Reel Movie Menu Remains Unusable Without User Modifications To Its PSD Files
Premiere Elements 14 Movie Genre/News Reel Movie Menu, like the one in version 12/12.1 and 13/13.1, has Adobe built in overlapping button flaws which make the menu unusable without user modification of the theme's psd files. The issue and the fixes are described HERE.
024. How To Install Premiere Elements 14 When You Have Its Purchased Installation Disc And Serial Number But Computer Has No Disc Drive?
The purchased serial number that comes with the purchased installation disc for the product can be inserted in installation files obtained from the following Adobe web site (Adobe Other Downloads)
Adobe direct sells only the download; whereas, boxed packaging with installation discs is available through the authorized resellers. Recently, when we purchased Photoshop Elements 14 and Premiere Elements 14 in boxed packaging with installation discs, an Adobe insert was found in the box mentioning two ways to install the products
- DVDs included in this box
- Electronic software download
That web address converts automatically to
and, when we click on either "Download Photoshop Elements 14" or "Download Premiere Elements 14" in that link, we arrive at
which appears to be a variant of the Adobe Other Downloads link, but it appears to have essentially the same functionality as the Adobe Other Downloads link.
025. Premiere Elements 14 Instant Movie Reminders
In setting up for the Premiere Elements 14 Instant Movie, Expert workspace Timeline content is placed on Video Track 1. Otherwise, when you go to Create/Instant Movie in the Premiere Elements 14 Editor, you will get that instruction shown in the following screenshot
The completed Instant Movie that arrives on the Timeline has a linked video and audio component in Video Track 1 and Audio Track 1 respectively. If audio changes in the Instant Movie are wanted at that point, that is done by right clicking the Timeline Instant Movie file and, from the pop up menu, selecting Clip, then Break Apart Instant Movie command. Audio editing and other edits of the Instant Movie are done in the broken apart version of Instant Movie. If instead, the audio component was deleted before using that Broken Apart Instant Movie command, then the Broken Apart Instant Movie command is not available.
The above is applicable to other versions with the Instant Movie feature.
026. AutoAnalyzer Preference Moved To Premiere Elements Editor 14 From Elements Organizer 14.
Adobe writes in What's New for Version 14
Please also see the Adobe document "Adobe Premiere Elements Help/Auto-Analyzer preferences"Auto-Analyzer, in Premiere Elements, automatically detects and tags clips when analyzingmedia. The preferences for Auto-Analyzer have been movedfrom Elements Organizer to Premiere Elements.
That seems to settle the question for Premiere Elements 14 Editor/Elements Organizer 14, but now what about Photoshop Elements 14 Editor for shutting off the AutoAnalyzer if all that the user has is Photoshop Elements 14 Editor?