Premiere Elements 13 introduces creation of ISO Image for DVD, AVCHD, Blu-ray. This is the first version in which the user has the opportunity to use burn to Blu-ray with other than just disc. The ISO Image generated in the process can be taken to disc using a free program such as ImgBurn.
But a report has appeared at the forum level that the disc content of such a disc is not recognized by the player (computer or otherwise) if the Premiere Elements 13 Blu-ray ISO Image taken to disc has a file size greater than about 1.1 GB.
I have confirmed and expanded on this original report and have found that the issue extends to Premiere Elements 13 AVCHD ISO Image as well as Blu-ray ISO Image.
The issue is the lack of player recognition for AVCHD on DVD or Blu-ray disc format on Blu-ray disc when the disc is created in ImgBurn using a Premiere Elements 13 ISO Image with a file size greater than about 1 GB.
No solution is available at this time for the ISSUE stated, and it is unknown whether or not Adobe is aware of this matter and is working on a solution.
(1) Iso files with file size 994.00 MB, 1.29 GB, and 16 GB were generated by Premiere Elements 13 using its Publish+Share/Disc/Blu-ray with Burn To: ISO Image (25 GB). The Burn To: preset was H.264 1920 x 1080i NTSC Dolby. Then each was taken to a BD-RE (25 GB) disc using ImgBurn. The computer's CyberLink Blu-ray player did not recognize the disc content for disc derived from the 1.29 GB or 16 GB .iso file. The following was true if Nero was used instead of ImgBurn to take the .iso image to disc. The CyberLink Blu-ray player did recognize the disc content for the disc derived from the 994.00 MB .iso file.
(2) When only the BDMV Folder from either of the failures was taken into ImgBurn to apply it to a BD-RE (25 GB) disc, ImgBurn would not and pointed to the index.bdmv file in the BDMV as a cannot open.
(3) Neither of the following produced a disc that was recognized by the computer's CyperLink player.
- Setting Premiere Elements 13 Blu-ray Burn To: to ISO Image (25 GB) and taking the resulting Premiere Elements 13 Blu-ray ISO Image with file size 1.29 GB to BD-RE DL (50 GB) disc in ImgBurn.
- Setting Premiere Elements 13 Blu-ray Burn To: to ISO Image (50 GB) and taking the resulting Premiere Elements 13 Blu-ray ISO Image with file size 1.29 GB to BD-RE DL (50 GB) disc in ImgBurn.
1. Iso files with the file size 938 MB and 1.25 GB were generated from Premiere Elements 13 using its Publish+Share/Disc/AVCHD with Burn To: ISO Image (4.7 GB). The Burn To: preset was H.264 1920 x 1080i NTSC Dolby. Then each was taken to a DVD-R (4.7/120 min) disc using ImgBurn. The computer's CyberLink player did not recognize the disc content for the disc derived from the 1.25 GB iso image. It did for the disc derived from the 938 MB iso image.
Preliminary studies suggest that the DVD ISO Image of Premiere Elements 13 is not involved in this issue. In these studies an .iso file with the file size 1.30 GB MB was generated from Premiere Elements 13 using its Publish+Share/Disc/DVD with Burn To: ISO Image (4.7 GB). The Burn To: preset was NTSC_Widescreen_Dolby DVD. Then the DVD ISO Image was taken to a DVD-R (4.7 GB/120 min) disc using ImgBurn
More information on this matter will be posted here as it becomes available.