Premiere Elements 13 was updated by Adobe to 13.1 which contains some new features and some defined and undefined fixes. Those details can be found
- in the February 2015 blog post at http://atr935.blogspot.com/2015/02/pe-13-adobe-releases-premiere-elements.html
- in the Adobe Premiere Elements Forum thread at https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1699867
Failures in the updating process have been appearing online. For many, doing the update with the antivirus and firewall(s) disabled has been the solution to the updating failures. But, for others, updating to 13.1 was not possible. Often an error code of U44M1l210 is associated with the 13.1 Update failures.
The intent of this blog post is to summarize the suggested fixes for the Premiere Elements 13.1 Update failures
1. Classically, do the update with antivirus and firewall(s) disabled.
2. Today in the Adobe Premiere Elements Forum, Adobe Staff (Anwesha) posted with a suggestion to resolve a 13.1 Update failure. The link to the thread is
I am getting this Error Code: U44M1I210 when I try to do the update on Adobe elements 13.1
and the quote from that thread is
"This error normally occurs when the patch download is corrupt.
3. One suggestion has been to do the 13.1 Update using a new user account with administrative privileges. This was pointed to in the discussion included at the end of the following online articlePlease try deleting the following folder and then try to apply the update:C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Local\Adobe\AAMUpdater\1.0"
To date (March 30, 2015), we have not seen any reports of success from the "patch download" or "new user account with administrative privileges" perspectives. We will update this blog post as new information is available. And, we will try to keep track of the proposed solutions and the success rate for each.
13.1 Update Failure Solution Count, Starting March 30, 2015
.....March 30, 2015, worked 1.
.....March 31, 2015, did not work 1.
Work In Progress