Announcement of the release of Premiere Elements 15 was just seen online.
This blog post "Premiere Elements 15 Daily Discoveries" is the companion blog for Premiere Elements 15 First Look found HERE.
Work in progress.
Full details coming soon.
Let Us Begin....October 15, 2016.
001. Helpful Links
Learn & Support/Adobe Premiere Elements Help
Adobe Premiere Elements 15 Help PDF
Adobe Premiere Elements/Download Adobe Premiere Elements 15, 14, 13, 12, 11, 10
Note: Although the link title here does not include downloads for versions 9 and 8, there appears to be downloads for versions 9 and 8 included at this location.
Return, cancel, or exchange an Adobe order
Note: Read link content carefully, and confirm with seller. Best interpretation of link is full return within 30 days of Adobe Premiere Elements 15 purchase from Adobe direct. If interpretation is correct, it looks like Adobe's return past history on this has gone from 30 to 14 and currently back to 30 days for the Premiere Elements 15 product.
Adobe Premiere Elements Help / What's new in Adobe Premiere Elements 15?
002. Movie Menu "Outdoor Adventure"
The Movie Menu named Outdoor Adventure continues to be flawed with patches of media offline footage. See HERE for details.
003. The "Best Fit" Automatic Setting Of Adobe Project Presets In 15 Versus 14/14.1.
- The Adobe NTSC and PAL project presets are the same for 15 and 14/14.1
- There is no place during the program installation for user to set for a NTSC or PAL TV Format
- If an imported video's properties do not match one of the existing Adobe project presets, the program grabs a "closest fit" project preset rather than defaulting to NTSC AVCHD Full HD1080i30 project preset as it did in earlier versions of Premiere Elements. Version 15 and 14/14.1 appear to behave the same in this regard. See HERE for more details on "closest fit" and "default" project presets.
Premiere Elements supports H.264 4K 3840 x 2160, but not 4096 x 2160. To consider...one suggested way for editing 4K 4096 x 2160 video
- set the project preset manually (File Menu/New/Project) to the 3840 x 2160 (NTSC AVCHD- QFHD-16 x 9 29.99)
- and, at export, use Export & Share/Device/Custom (including Advanced Settings for H.264, Square Pixels, 4096 x 2160 with width and height not linked), Profile = High, Level = 5.2.
005. Premiere Elements 15: The Imported Audio Clip's Duration Displayed In Project Assets And In The Timeline
The details in the blog post "PE 12: Audio Display Formats - Audio Samples and Milliseconds" found HERE applies to Premiere Elements 12 through 15. Consequently, please refer to that blog's Table named Premiere Elements 12 for 15 data.
The user is accustomed to video clip duration displaying in the format 00;00;00;00 (hours;minutes;seconds;frames). In contrast, audio clip duration displaying as 00;03;20;38880 or 00;03;20.881 is pointed to and discussed.
006. Expanded Search Field for Elements 15 eLive.
eLive previously offered Search using drop down list of categories for Everything, Inspire, Learn, and News. Now in version 15 is found Search with type in field as well as the choice categories of Inspire, Learn, and New in a drop down list. See HERE.
007. Music Remix Feature - New to Premiere Elements 15 - User Music (Non Adobe Music Score) Duration Increased Or Decreased "Without Losing The Continuity Of The Audio Content".
See HERE. Separate blog post will be devoted to this topic soon. First look at this feature suggests that the User Music needs to be dragged to the Music Track (not Audio Track) for this to work.
Work in progress.